There are many Eames Lounge Chairs around, that doesn’t make the chair less beautiful, but it spurs us on to always find more extraordinary models. It worked again this time, we think.
We start with a “once-in-a-lifetime-found”, produced by Vitra in the early 70s. Rio Rosewood that stands out due to its pronounced grain which tends to orange. It was also upholstered with super soft leather in an original Herman Miller colour, which perfectly matches the wood and can best be described as “rust-red-brown-with-a-dash-of-orange”. The chair has been completely restored by our Vitra-certified restorer, exclusively with original spare parts.
Here are the facts:
Lounge Chair + Ottoman
– Design: Ray & Charles Eames
– Produced by Vitra under license from Herman Miller, early 1970s
– Wood: Rio rosewood, restored (CITES/marketing certificate based on the 1992 Washington Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora available)
– Leather: original smooth leather in Herman-Miller colour, cleaned and remounted
– White-Foam inlays, shockmounts, zippers, bearing bush and back box renewed with original spare parts
– Certificate of authenticity issued by a state-certified expert on request